Monday, February 12, 2018

It's Monday....Again!

Hi Dolls!

Happy Monday!  Y'all, this weekend blowing by thing is starting to really piss me off, especially after the longest of longest work weeks last week.  I swear it was Monday five days in a row.  And yes, I know, I should be grateful for everyday that I am breathing life.  And for the most part I am.  BUT if I had a 3 day weekend, every weekend, I can guarantee you that I would be so much more charming.

I feel you girl...I feel you! 
I had a super fabulous weekend!!!  And I did last week too (because well, I only blogged one day).  So I'm going to do a weekend recap mixed in with a "what I did last week". 

I went on another date with Bulletproof last Monday and it was fantastic.  We went out again on Saturday (more on that later).  I had mentioned to him that I wrote a blog and he asked what it was called.  I told him that I wasn't quite ready to share that with him because I write about a lot of stuff that he doesn't know about me yet and that I would prefer "I" be the one the tell him those things rather than him reading it himself.  He said he respected my wishes, which I certainly hope so, because we all know that I don't want him to find out all my juicy secrets or crazy level before I get him hooked on me lol.  Oh and if you aren't sure who I'm talking about you can catch up on him here.

Tuesday I had my first appointment with a life coach.  Have any of your girls done this before?  Two of my besties have and encouraged me to give it a try.  I'm still a little apprehensive but this is the year of trying new things so I figured, "why the hell not?"  We have another meeting this week to discuss the results of the personality test I took last week---that should be interesting.  Besides, I'm always open to self growth.  So what next Dr. Freud?!?  I also had dinner at one of my fave places, Zoe's, with one of my fave people, my bestie Jenna.  Y'all, girlfriend time is sooooo important!  Be intentional with your friendships. 

I rounded out the rest of my week with a check up for my 15.5 year old senior pooch, Serena--gosh, I should have been a vet.  And why are her visits so much more expensive than my own doctor appointments?  Followed by some pampering of my own with a fresh hair color update and spray tan (which I am absolutely obsessing over) and a meeting at one of my customers on Friday afternoon---just to show y'all that I do work. 

Now enter the weekend....
First of all, this is one of my favorite snapshots ever!  I used to think Patrick Swayze hung the moon!  And well, Chris Farley speaks for himself.  Truth be told, if you asked me who I would be more attracted to I would totally say Chris.  I like a guy with a little meat on his bones. 

Anywhoodle, I went to a Pure Romance party that was of my girlfriends was hosting on Friday night.  If you're not into that sort of thing, no biggie but it was a great time with great girlfriends and OMGeee..super delicious sangria.  I ended my night up snuggling with my pooch and watching episodes of the Golden Girls (much like I do most nights as it comes on the Hallmark channel every week night from 11-1). 

It's been so dreary here in Charlotte with rain and just yuck so I got up, went and got a bagel and literally laid in bed until about 11:30.  It felt so good to be so lazy.  After pulling myself out of bed and getting a few errands and loads of laundry done, I set out to make plans for my evening.  So here's a little update on Bulletproof.  But let me press pause for a quick sec. 

Dating has never been easy for me.  I'm fiercely independent, easily annoyed and very quick to check out when something doesn't go the way that I think it should.  {I know, I know--insert the "no wonder you're still single Jenny" right?}.  But I've been trying to better myself and make changes in some areas in my life where my lack of patience definitely needed a little kick in the ass.  OK...so with that, now I can resume the Bulletproof convo with y'all. 
I got a little annoyed with him on Wednesday---ok strike that, I was pissed.  I felt our communication had been off a bit and he cancelled a date with me last minute on account of him being sick.  Things happen, I get it but I was angry and felt he hadn't been considerate of my time by letting me know that we weren't going to be doing something earlier.  Or at least early enough that I didn't waste a whole face of makeup or finishing this mop of hair on my head.  (Quick sidebar---my bestie Pamela and I decided we were going to coin a new phrase for all the singles called GALIMONY as a result of the cancelled date when you are already polished and ready to go--more on that in another post).   All of that led to me withdrawing and using my friends as a sounding board for the next few days of what a butt Bulletproof was and also questioning whether this guy was even into me or why I was wasting my time (and so typical of me).  I don't know about you but when I'm pissed, I jump to crazy conclusions and usually play out an entire conversation in my head between myself and the other person regardless of it being true or not.  Anyways, Bulletproof and I ended up going out on Saturday night.  The plan was for dinner and a movie but the movie we planned to see was sold out so we hit up a new bar nearby my place instead.  I definitely felt a bit on edge with him initially and was slightly annoyed that he wasn't even bringing up the past couple of days but again, in an effort of self realization and trying to work on my patience levels and communication, I allowed myself to let go of my inner crazy and enjoy the time that I was having with him because he really isn't a butt y'all.  He's a man.  He can sometimes be stupid.  Just like I can be.  While we were sitting at the new bar, I just let it go and told him how I felt.  Communication is not my thing in relationships--I'm not good at it.  In every other relationship I'm in (friendships, family, work life, etc) I have no problem in telling people how I feel or what I'm thinking.  But in relationships with men I choose the path of least resistance and in the past have allowed things to fester inside. Which typically results in that festering to become manifested in something else.  Which then causes me to become a bitch and annoyed at the slightest thing y'all.  Like, what do you mean that you ate the last of the ketchup?  Off with your head!
So back to the date.  I told him I was pissed.  I told him that I thought he was not respectful of my time.  I told him that I didn't like the way our communication had gone.  And you know what?  He listened to every word I said, didn't make any excuses and apologized. 

Who else misses Three's Company?!?  Am I right?!?  Also, if you ever are looking for a "Say What" gif there are soooooo many good ones out there. 
OK but seriously, he said he was sorry.  For hurting my feelings.  And for not being considerate.  And I forgave him (which is a huge deal for me y'all...I can't even tell you how big..but I will...in another post).  And we moved on.  And that was it.  OMGeeee...is that how adults in grown up relationships solve their problems?!?  Who knew?!?  ;) 

Moral of the story is this my sweet friends...I don't know what will come of Bulletproof and I.  No clue and too soon to determine.

Now enter Sunday!!!  Y'all, yesterday was a big day for me!  About 6 months ago, I signed up to do a budoir photo shoot with a photographer that I had been following for quite a while.  And the time came.  I thought I would be nervous going into it but y'all, I really wasn't.  My bestie Jenna went with me as my wing woman, and also because she was interested in doing one as well and wanted to see it first hand before committing to it.  This was the first time that I had ever had professional hair and make up done...well, and to address the elephant in the room, the first time that I had let someone take pictures of me nude or in lingerie (not counting a Polaroid--LOLOLOLOL!!!)  I can't even begin to tell you how amazing the experience was.  First of all, my hair and make up was outstanding!  If you have never had your hair and make up professionally done, you have to!  It was so amazing!  And I have never felt more beautiful.  The experience of the whole shoot couldn't have been more outstanding either.  The photographer was amazing and she was so sweet and patient in telling me what to do and where to put my head or hand or to relax my forehead.  I get my proofs back in a few days and CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM.  I'm sure I'll show some of the more conservative ones with y'all but the majority will be just for me because this is the year I'm embracing the big 4-0 and I couldn't think of a better way to express self love than this.  But if you ever come over to my houseI can't promise that I won't have a coffee table book of me or huge photos of me hanging in my bedroom.  For some reason, Carly Simon's 'You're So Vain' just popped in my head...but whatevs.  I'm embracing it!!!  Also, fake eyelashes are the best thing in the world and I must learn how to apply them myself.  Love love love!

And there we have it...a little longer recap than normal but I wanted to get caught up with you girls since I didn't blog much last week.  Hope y'all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're doing a great job working on the new you! Relationships are so hard - whether they're new or years old. I've been thinking about a life coach - interested to hear how you like the experience. And the boudoir shoot - so fun! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a work in progress for sure ;) I will definitely keep you posted on the life coach situation. Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete