Monday, January 8, 2018

TBB Asks-January 2018

Hi Dolls!

Could it be that I'm writing two posts for my first day back on my new blog?!?  Well, I felt like I had to because it's an amazing link up with some fabulous blogger friends who I completely admire.  So here goes with my first link up with The Blended Blog.
 
 
1.  Resolutions of No Resolutions? 
I hate the word resolution BUT I love the words goals and inspirations...so that's what I have for 2018.
 
2.  Love Snow or No Snow?
So here's my take on snow.  I love it!  But let me also explain that I love Southern snow...which means that you get it in the morning, get to enjoy it all day and then it's typically gone by the end of the day or the next afternoon. 
This is a true story!!!!
 
3.  Name a New Place you want to go this year?
Italy.  Already working on the plans.
 
4.  Would you rather have a new hair cut or hair color?
Hair color fo sho!  I've been trying to let my hair grow for the last year and a half---mermaid hair is my goal meaning that it will cover my breasts.  Fun fact--I'm not a natural brunette.  My natural hair color is dirty blonde.  It just didn't seem to suit me so I've been coloring it dark for the past several years.  So in my case, brunettes definitely have more fun!
 
I also have an obsession with Steel Magnolias (and Dolly Parton for that matter).  So, speak it Truvy!

 
5.  Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year?
To continue to be a healthy me.
 
6.  Least Favorite thing about January?
This current cold snap we are experiencing!  Oy Vey--I hate it!  If Winter was on Tinder, I would swipe left!  BTW, I am not on Tinder!
 
7.  Most Favorite Thing about January?
Working with a Clean Slate for the year.
 
8.  When do you take down your holiday decorations?
So, true story...I, for the first time in about 15 years, did not do any Christmas decorations.  Between moving and being in Europe, it just wasn't feasible this year.  But for the sake of the question, I typically put up Christmas decorations right after Halloween and take them down right before New Year's Eve.
 
9.  Do you diet in January?
I hate the word diet.  Like loathe it!  But I am continuously watching what I eat ALL THE TIME.

 
10.  What area of your home do you want to organize the most?
Fortunately for me, when I moved it was a serious downsize situation.  Going from about 2500 square feet to just shy of 1200 square feet involves a lot of determining what really needs to stay and what needs to go away.  Which means that everything in my new place is there for a purpose and for the most part I am pretty organized everywhere.
 
11.  Favorite Winter comfort food.
Soup, chili, stews...anything in a bowl that you eat with a spoon (that would also include Halotop ice cream). 
 
12.  Favorite Guilty Pleasure.
Binge watching my favorite TV show Golden Girls.  OK, so I may get hated on for this but I am so happy the holidays are over and that Hallmark is no longer playing Christmas movies that all end up the same (you know what I mean?).  My reason for this is that during that time, they take Golden Girls off the rotation from 11pm-1am and that's just not cool.   
 
 
Well that was loads of fun!  Thanks for letting me join in girls!

8 comments:

  1. The Golden Girls are awesome!!! And SM is one of my favorite movies of all time!!! LOVE it so! Happy, so happy you linked up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? Thanks for the sweet welcome! Can't wait to do it again! And to read your blog ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree soups and chili are amazing comfort foods ! Oh how I'd love to travel to Italy ! I can't wait to read all about your trip ! Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Italy has been on my go to list for years! Now to make it happen! Happy New Year! Can't wait to read your blog!

      Delete
  3. Steel Magnolias - one of the best movies of all time! I had no idea it was called mermaid hair. I don't think mine will ever get that long at this point! Do you watch The Goldberg's? Last week's episode was all about The Golden Girls - so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Yes, yes! That was such a great episode but I hope I'm not as pushy as Beverly with my friends lol! And honestly, I don't know if it's called Mermaid hair but I'm totally relating it Ariel so we'll go with it.

      Delete
  4. OMGGGGGGG!! I'm so glad you're blogging again! I've missed you!!! Happy 2018!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you girlfriend! Good to be back! I've missed you too! Mwah!

      Delete