Thursday, February 15, 2018

A to Z List---Of How I Get Through Life

Hi Dolls-

Happy Thursday!  If you are single, you made it through another year of Singles Awareness Day and lucky you...all those chocolates are now 70% off at CVS.  Stock up girls!  I actually did have a post all about love and what it meant to me that was 90% complete that I was going to upload yesterday.  But I abandoned it because I just really wasn't feeling it and it felt very BS'y.  And I'm trying to be my 100% authentic real self here with y'all. 


So today I thought I would share with y'all my A to Z list of certain rules I try to live by that help me get through crazy thing we call life.  What would your list like?

A-Always be kind to others.  Your Uber driver, your boss, your waiter, your family, your friends, the customer service person at Amazon---everyone deserves the same level of respect.

B-Be yourself.  You're pretty amazing.  Remember that.

C-Call people.  This may come with mixed reviews but in general, I hate texting.  People just don't pick up the phone and talk to folks the way they used to.

D-Don't let anyone make you feel like you are less than you are. 

E-Each and every day is a gift.  It truly is.  I've experienced a lot of loss in my life that could have completely changed the trajectory of my life.  And when I'm feeling down, I realize how blessed I am with the life I have.  It's a gift.  Every single day. 

F-Family is everything.  You often don't realize how important those people in your life are until they are gone.  I had the misfortune of losing both my parents in my late teens and there's nothing that I wouldn't give just to have 5 minutes with both of them.

G-Give.  Give of your time.  Give of your resources.  Just give.  We are so very fortunate and sometimes I forget just how much. 

H-Hug more.  I have friends who aren't huggers.  Especially with people they don't know.  I'm kind of like that too.  But I love hugs and I love to be hugged.  My best friend Pamela gives a great momma hug.  Y'all know what I'm talking about.  She said she learned it from her momma.  But it's those hugs that when she's done doing it, I feel like my pieces are put back together.

I-Ignore negative, toxic people.  There's going to be a lot of them out there.  Don't let them get the best of you. 

J-Just do it.  Whatever "it" is.  Eat that cake.  Tell that person you love them.  Buy yourself flowers.  Take that trip to Bora Bora.  Go back to school.  Get that little black dress and find a place to wear it to. 

K-Keep your chin up and keep trying. 

L-Love.  Love yourself.  Love others.  And do it a lot.  Be open to it. 

M-Me time.  I think me time is so important.  Even if you are in a relationship/marriage/etc.  You have to focus on you to be your best self.  You can't present your best self to the universe if you aren't good to your mind, body and spirit.

N-Never allow anyone to dull your sparkle.  Not everyone is going to like you.  And that's ok.  But don't let anyone else affect the way you feel about yourself.  I've spent years upon years worried about what people thought about me.  Let that shit go! 

O-Open your heart.  Even at the risk of getting hurt.  And you probably will get hurt.  But that's ok.  I keep telling myself that it will pay off in the long run.  (You know, trying to speak that 'ish into existence). 

P-Pick yourself up by your boot straps, dust yourself off and try it again when something doesn't quite go your way.  This has happened to me a lot and if I hadn't of done this, I don't know where I would be. 

Q-be Quick to listen, Slow to speak.  Seriously, this should be my mantra.  Listening is definitely not my best attribute but hey, I'm working on it. 

R-Remember & Reflect..  Remember the good things.  Remember the bad things.  Remember the ok things.  And then reflect on those things and how they make you better or worse of a person.  Make changes when it's not someone you like.  And shine on those things when it makes you better.

S-Sing loud and proud.  I'm a horrible singer.  But I am huge music lover.  And I can sing the mess out of some Cher. 

T-Travel.  As much and as often as you can.  By yourself, with your friends, with your family, with your significant other. 

U-Understand that it's not all about me.  I'm still trying to learn that it's not just Jenny's world.  My friends are quick to remind me of this.  It's best not to be so selfish.

V-Visualize it.  Kind of what I said on letter 'O' about speaking it into existence.  Maybe this is a visual goal board for you or it's in your journal--but put it out there for you and the world to see. 

W-Want the best for yourself.  You're the only person that's can do this for YOU.  Make yourself a priority.

X-determine what your X-FACTOR in life is.  Is it your energy? Is it your calmness?  Are you Wonder Woman in disguise?  BTW, I think all women are Wonder Woman. 

Y-You are unique.  Did you know that there's only one like you in the world?!?  Of course you did but that's pretty amazing right?  Value and love yourself and your existence here in the little time that we get to spend on this crazy Earth.

Z-Zoom in your focus on what makes you happy.  Others will see it and wonder how you got there.  It's a pretty incredible place to be. 

OK girls, that's all I have.  Come back tomorrow as I share my Friday Favorites and show y'all a sneak peek into my budoir photos I had over the weekend.  OMGeeee...they are soooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment