Monday, February 26, 2018

Just Another Manic Monday...Except With Presents :)

Hi Dolls!

Happy Monday!  So I'm a bit behind in blogging on account of traveling all last week and some big work meetings that I was involved in so I need to spend some time this week catching you all up on what's been going on in my life.
 
 
But until I can get into all of that, I am super excited about today's post!  When I first got back into blogging, The Blended Blog was one that I always stayed on top of.  So many of my favorite bloggers are contributors and they always write about such fun stuff.  Well...they were doing a gift exchange, and well duh, I just had to participate.  So today, I am writing about said gift exchange and the fun stuff I received. 
 
 
Let me tell y'all about one of my favorite bloggers...Shelly from The Queen In Between.  I've been following Shelly since way before I started blogging and she is ah-mazing.  Her posts are encouraging and real and I love her honesty.  She is deeply devoted to her family, her fun state of Texas, Mexican food, and fashion.  Oh, and let me not forget about the fact that she is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!  Like for reals y'all...does this gal ever have a bad hair day?!? 
 
Funny story about being a blogger and doing a gift exchange is that I've only participated in 2--this current one being the second.  And Shelly and I were matched up then too--like years ago.  So when I got the email that we were matched again, I literally squealed.  Out loud.  And sent her a message saying something that went like this...
 
And then maybe a little of this...
 
 
Ok, so y'all get the gist.  I was excited.  Because Shelly is that fun and that cool.  And obviously we were destined to be long distance besties because the universe lined up twice to match us up.  I hear you universe!
 
Now let's talk about the goods...that's what we're here for right?!?  OMGeee...does she know me?  So there's a few things I'm obsessed with in my life---pretty jewelry, specifically dangly earrings, chocolate, paper products and pens.  And she nailed them all in my sweet little box. 
 
This was after I opened my box.  You can't really see it but the bottom left hand corner was filled with a mound of dark chocolate---my fave. 

Y'all...are these earrings not to die for.  What's funny is that I sent her a very similar turquoise pair as well.  I mean, great minds, right?!?  And even further confirmation that we are besties from afar. 
 
And who doesn't love handwritten notes.  And seriously...could her penmanship be any prettier?
 
I store all my chocolates in a pretty canister--there were a lot more in the box than what ended up making their way here.  It's also empty now too.

What a sweet box from the sweetest of my gal pals!  I was so excited when I learned that Shelly was going to be my girl and love, love, love everything she put in my package.  Can't wait for the next one---and will the universe link us up again?!?

Thanks Shelly!  You rock!
 

22 comments:

  1. You are too sweet friend....and you should freaking see my hair today and you would definitely know bad hair days are part of my daily life. hahaha Love that we were matched up once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL girl! I think it still looks lovely! And I love that we were matched again too!

      Delete
  2. Those pens would be right up my alley! I love that y'all have been paired both times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are fabulous!!! And yes, the universe aligned :)

      Delete
  3. How fun that you guys have been paired up twice! You definitely had a box full of goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You hit the mother load with Shelly!!! What an awesome gift giver. (not that I'm at all surprised😉) Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great package Shelly sent you! And those earrings are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they fabulous!!! But I honestly wouldn't have expected anything different!

      Delete
  6. Eek! Glad to have found your blog! (love gift exchanges - blogging community is fab am I right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, those earrings are just soooo cute and know you will wear them well. This was such fun and I'm enjoying seeing everyone's happies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I love dark chocolates! I think that is so funny that you were paired up before; it must have been meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  9. how funny that you were matched up before!! I LOVE the earrings she got you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The earrings are so trendy and perfect for spring! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the color of those earrings! Shelly is such a sweetheart - so fun that you were paired up before! Thanks so much for participating with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG those earrings. I need them. Also- so cool that you are double gifters to each other!

    ReplyDelete