Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Who Am I?

Hi Dolls-

First, let me thank you from the bottom of my heart of the kind blogger friend "welcome back" I felt yesterday!  The calls, text and private messages made this girl feel so mushy gushy! 

I figured for just starting back on le blog I would start with a little fun post answering the age old question that every psychologist or therapist asks of their patients during their first visit "Who Am I?"  That's pretty tough, right?  But I'm going to try to break it down for some of my new readers who may stumble upon this here blog and as a refresher for some of my oldie but goodie blog reader friends. 

Who Am I?
Well Dr. Freud, as I am feet up on a couch...  No seriously, this is actually a pretty easy question for me.  For once.  I am a 39 year old, Southern single gal living the best life that I can live.  Life has dealt me some not great cards over my years but isn't that the same case for most everyone else too?  You just have to decide how you deal with it.  Please don't get me wrong...I don't want to come off as a kumbaya, make lemonade, everything is great kind of person because I think that's BS.  I have my days where I complain about life not being fair and how I got the short end of the stick and you know what, that's ok.  But I have far more days where it's the complete opposite and I look at my life saying "hell yeah, I am awesome and this is a f*ing fantastic life".  Has it turned out the way I thought it would?  No.  But it's still great nonetheless.  Dating or the pursuit of love, whether I like it or not, does consume a lot of my thoughts---regardless if I'm active in it or not.  I am a Match.com user but take lots of breaks because I just can't believe the caliber of men I'm meeting (maybe it's me--I am the common denominator in this equation lol)  WAY more on this later I promise! 


What Do I Do For A Living?

I'm a sales manager for a cleaning product company based out of Connecticut for their North American HQ and Solingen, Germany for their Global HQ.  I work from home and travel for my job.  The cities I visit most frequently are Chicago, Memphis and good ol' Ft. Wayne (Indiana if you're not familiar).  But I'm in different cities for shows all year round.  I work for an amazing company and have a fantastic boss. 
This is from our HQ in Germany.

This is of our entire sales team (however I work on the small retail side which only consists of less than 10 folks).  And of course, I am the one standing out in the brown coat because well, duh!

And this is what I sell :)

This is one of my most favorite gal pals to work with (and yes, we are working in this pics with our afternoon cocktails overlooking Boston Harbor--it's called strategic planning).  This gal also has her own business making small batches of the most heavenly botanical products.  Her scrubs are amazing!  You can check out her website here.

Who Is My Family?
My sister...oh my sister.  Literally my most favorite human being in the world.  Stephanie is my older (she'll hate me for saying that, but it's true lol) and much nicer sister.  There's only 2 of us.  She has plenty of stories about me getting her in trouble when we were growing up and I can't deny not a single one of them.  But I say it's only because I wanted so very badly to be around her all the time and she just didn't want that at all---so I was a brat and yes, did things that reflected badly on her resulting in usually getting her butt switched or something of the sorts.  We weren't the greatest of friends growing up but when my parents passed away she took it upon herself to be the leader of our new much smaller family and that's that.  She is stronger than she believes she is, has a heart of gold and is just simply amazing.  Oh and she has a pretty awesome husband too!  She also has a blog that you can check out here.
 

Where Do I Live?
I just moved into the city of Charlotte, NC back in September.  This is my first time trying out urban living as it was something I have always wanted to do.  Before that I've always lived in the suburbs close to where I grew up (which is only about 30 minutes from where I'm at now).  I did have a brief stint in Salisbury, MD when I first went into sales but the majority of my life has been spent in the great state of NC.  Which I love.  Like really love.  There's no place else I would want to be...well, other than Charleston, which is still on my "places to live" list. 

But here's my place: complete with rooftop pool, screening room, 24 hour concierge and amazing views.  Most of these pics are from the website because it is too cold for me to be venturing out trying to take good pics in 20 degree weather but a few are from my balcony that you have probably already seen from my IG (nc30grits).  My only regret is that I didn't take this leap sooner. 
 

 

 

Who Are My Friends?
Boy oh boy, where do I even start?  I have the most amazing group of friends.  Ones that lift you up when you need them need or knock you down a peg even when you don't want them to.  I hope that you all have friends like that because if you don't, you should.  They all come from different walks of life--different backgrounds, different upbringings, different ages, some are mommas, some are not, some are going to be soon, some married, some divorced, some still single.  They may all be different may they are all strong and smart and amazing and holy cow, aren't they gorgeous?!?  But we all fit together somehow and it's absolutely beautiful!  I am so very blessed!







What Do I Like To Do For Fun?
It's funny that I even chose this as a question to answer because I LOATHE this question when asked by someone that I am getting to know on Match.com.  Because it's so weird...I mean, really for fun I like to take naps, eat bacon and lay around with my dog.  Not all the time but that's really what I like to do.  Sounds pretty exciting, right?  But for reals, I also enjoy drinking lots of champagne, Tito's vodka & beer but that may make me sound like a lush to some.  I hang out with my besties (ALOT) and, for the most part, would prefer being with them over meeting a guy (hence the reason why I'm probably still single).  Some may call that being too co-dependent (and some may really believe that if they knew what our relationships were really like--BTW, I'm ok with that because whatevs). 

I love to travel and wish I would have done more of it when I was younger but there's no time like the present and I have a whole travel bucket list that I intend to fulfill.  Ireland, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Austria are just a few--who wants to go with?  I'm also working on a post of my most recent European vacation that I took back in December so standby. 



I love eating.  I hate cooking (oh my, am I really Southern?) but I also have so many great restaurants and bars within walking distance so why bother wasting the effort of heating up a pot and pan.  And let us not forget Postmates which I'm wondering how I ever lived without them before?
Am I right or am I right girls?!?  Also, Cosby Show was one of my favorites growing up and I thought Olivia was the cutest thing ever.  Not a big fan of hers now but...

Well that was fun!  Come back tomorrow where I gush over the Golden Girls and why Dorothy is my spirit animal! 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment