Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Weekend Recap...a Day Late

Hi Dolls! 

Happy Tuesday!  Yesterday got away from me and before I knew it, I was laying in bed watching my beloved Golden Girls when I realized I didn't post.  But it is what it is!  Moving on! 
I've been on a Bill Murray kick recently...probably because Groundhog Day is coming up and it's one of my favorite movies ever.  And it plays on a continuous loop (duh) on several channels.

I hope y'all had a great weekend and start to your work week.  It's cold here in NC, much like it is in most of the United States.  They are calling for a bit of snow tonight and tomorrow morning.  And if you aren't from the South, that means that most everything will be shut down.  And before you start laughing at us, also realize that this is not something we are used to like many who are north of us.  Honestly, it won't bother me either way as I don't have any travel this week and I can enjoy the beautiful scenery from my warm, toasty apartment. 

So, what did y'all get into this week?  Anything fun?  Mine was busy but I felt accomplished on Sunday night after all was said and done. 

Friday morning started off slow...especially for this diva.  Can you see her in this picture?  She blends in very well with my grey sheets but this is at 9am.  I had already gotten up, gotten my coffee, etc and she's just sleeping.  When I went to make sure she was still breathing, she lifted her head up, with this look.  "Like really, don't bother me."

It was actually a busy workday, which is pretty unusual for a Friday so I was pooped at the end of the day and it was so cold and rainy that I didn't feel like doing anything.  But I was starving and have been dying to try the sushi place next door to my complex, O-Ku.  So I braved the rain and am so glad I did.  It was delish!!!!
 
Saturday I was up bright and early to get some housework done because I knew I would be busy rest of the day.  Got laundry done, which consisted mostly of leggings and towels, kitchen clean up, bathroom, etc.  But y'all...I had to do something terrible!  I had noticed that I was having a little bit of standing water in my shower so I figured that there was some hair caught in the drain.  Well...I removed the cap and OMGEEEEEEE.  Y'all, it was horrible.  Like so horrible.  I'm sparing you the picture because I nearly vomited.  The problem wasn't my hair...it was the fact that I knew it wasn't ALL my hair because I've been here less than 3 months and knew I hadn't lost that much.  So, yeah, I was removing the previous tenants hair.  I shudder as I type this.  Yuck! 

But moving on to much more beautiful things, Saturday afternoon entailed a bridal shower for this beauty and my original "Jenny's Kids".  So, a little back story.  My momma had a home daycare when I started middle school.  And the first baby in this group was this sweet potato.  She was 3 months old and quickly became the light of both of my parents eyes.  And part of our family!  I love Kattie so much and her brother and her amazing parents.  Now fast forward 27 years and this beautiful princess is getting married in March.  OH MY HEART!  But I am so happy for her and that she has found the most wonderful man to spend the rest of her life with.  I've always been overprotective of this sweet girl but Nate is simply amazing to her. 



And he indulges her many quirks...just one of the many reasons why I love him too!
Anyways, her two best friends threw a lovely shower for her.  And she got so much fun stuff.  Plus I got to cuddle with her newest baby, Riley. 


 
 
Oh, and this happened on the way there.  Just being real with y'all.  I had this fear that I had forgotten to put on deodorant.  Y'all know the feeling?  Well than I started freaking out that I was sweating through my shirt so I took this pic to see if I had...
 
Saturday night was pretty chill.  I had been dying to see Pitch Perfect 3 and wanted to see it in the theater before it left the big screen.  So after convincing my bestie Lizzie to join me, we relaxed and munched on some popcorn.  I thought it was really cute.  I didn't love it like I did the first one but who really ever loves the sequels better. 
 
Side bar...I received my January stitch fix box Saturday afternoon and I totally forgot to snap pics of  2 of the items that I sent back because they were sooooo not me.  But I did get a pic of one of the dresses I did keep and one that I didn't.  The other 2 pieces that I didn't care for were purple.  And I didn't realize how much I didn't like purple until now.  It's just not a good color for me.  One of the items was a pair of Vince Camuto heels--that were Barney purple in suede.  If that didn't automatically kill it for me, they were also short heels which is very unflattering for me.  The other item that I sent back was a deeper lavender color button up blouse.  It wasn't a horrible shirt but the color just didn't work.  At all.  I did keep a lace skirt and a ponte dress pictured below.  I'm a curvy girl, very hour glass shape.  Big hips run in my family and I'm embracing them more now that I am comfortable in my own skin. 
Please forgive the bad quality of pic and that I'm not wearing heels but this dress is navy blue and has a slim fit.  Almost a boat neck too.  I love it!
And this one...y'all.  It just didn't work.  Again, forgive the bad pic quality and although form fitting, my first thought in putting it on was that I looked like Anna Nicole Smith.  Definitely a send back with a lot of new instructions of likes and dislikes.
I tried out a new place nearby for breakfast Sunday morning.  I had been hearing about it for awhile, mainly for their chicken salad.  But their quiche of the day was pimento cheese and they had a honey latte on their menu and I knew I had to stay for breakfast.  And oh my, it was delish!  Plus, this place is so cute and quaint.  I'll definitely go back and "work" there.

I spent the rest of the day with my most favorite human in the world, my sister and ended my evening picking up this cute top.  I totally have an obsession and must stop!
 
OK girls, not super exciting but fun all in all!  Now I'm going to hunker down and prepare for 1" of snow that's supposedly coming in tonight and tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. There is a Golden Girls tshirt at Target that you need! I was going to snap a pic and then I forgot - but look it up! Hope you're surviving the snow!

    ReplyDelete