Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday Favorites...

Hi Dolls!

OK--let's just get it out of the way!  I am not doing a very good job at my second attempt at blogging.  Good news is I have a whole bunch of things planned for next week but I give major kudos to y'all that do it everyday.  When I went to my blogging seminar a couple of weeks ago, one of the convos that went on was that if you don't have something to write about, then just don't.  Well, that's where my mind has been.  BUT the thing is that I have soooo much to write about!  I just have to be more disciplined.  Plus, one of my besties just sent me a text telling me "DON'T FORGET TO POST ON YOUR BLOG!!!".  It was written just like that...in all caps.  She was screaming at me.  But that's why I have friends like that!  So, thanks Jenna!  What better way to get back in there than to link up  with Erika, Andrea and Narci for Friday Favorites of 2018.  So....let's do this!

ONE:
I signed up for a new meal prep company.  They are local to the Charlotte area.  And I love them!  I ordered 5 meals this week and they were all delicious.  The Blossoming Kitchen features a new menu every week and the best part is that it's heat and eat.  And they are only $12 a meal.  And I was able to spread out 2 of those meals into a lunch and dinner.  So obviously I'm winning!  I'm at a stage where I really don't enjoy cooking and they are taking the guess work out of what I am eating for the week.  These are a couple of my meal pics but you can see them all by checking out my Insta-story (nc30grits).  I can't wait to get my meals for next week. 

 
TWO:
So...this just happened today!  And well, I think it is a Huuuuuuuge deal!  I have a big obsession with Nickel and Suede leather earrings.  Like big time!  They are all gorgeous and the likelihood that I am wearing a pair in any photo I post is pretty high.  Well, because of said obsession, I was running out of places to keep them so I asked my super crafty BIL, who is also the muscle behind my sister's Etsy shop Small Town Girl Design to build me a holder for them.  And he did.  And I loved it.  And of course I posted a pic of it this week as part of my #dailyjenny2018 photos.  Well...today, Nickel and Suede reposted that photo.  And it has over 1,000 likes (which is a pretty big deal for me at least) but what's even better is that so many people started asking where they could get one.  So my sister set it up on her shop (which obviously wasn't her original intention) and has already sold a few.  Yeah for my sister and small businesses! 
 
THREE:
OK, not exactly one of my favorite things but I wanted to share anyway.  My bestie and I spent the day at the spa on Sunday---whew, so relaxing!  Well, while we were there I, of course, was complaining about my dating life and the men I was meeting on Match.  My bestie is only 25 and she uses Bumble, which if you haven't heard of it before, is kind of similar to a Tinder deal--you know, swipe left, swipe right thing.  I've always been hesitant of these sites because I felt I was too old but after a quick look, I realized that I would be no worse off here than on Match...and it was free.  So I signed up, set up a profile and away we went.  Big advantage on Bumble is that the girl has to make the first move if you both swipe that you like one another.  Meaning that I have to send the first message--which eliminates the weird messages I normally received on Match.  I had a date earlier this week (which I can't wait to tell y'all all about because I am certain you will do this)
But I have a few other dates lined up over the next week.  Let me be clear in saying that I don't want to be a serial dater but the choices seem to be a lot better here than what I've seen in the past.  Plus, once I meet the one, I just know I'll know. 
 
FOUR:
So, after last weeks Snowpocalypse in Charlotte I've seen a ton of memes making fun of us Southern folk and our ability to deal with that white stuff falling from the sky.  Admittedly, I couldn't agree more.  Because we just aren't equipped for that type of weather.  But the memes are hilarious.  And I couldn't help but sharing this because both of these are from the local news station that I watch. The first is instruction on how to drive in the snow.  For reals...this is the best thing ever!!!!
But wait y'all, it gets even better!  Have y'all ever noticed that when there is some type of natural disaster or something bad that happens in a Southern community that the news finds the most stereotype individual for said region and interview them.  Usually resulting in everyone in the area doing this...
Yeah well, this local lady is now my spirit animal.  Like for real...my spirit animal!  Check out her video here.  Because really...isn't what we all want is to be fat and sassy?!?  I mean, at least I do.
 
FIVE:
GOAT YOGA!  Need I say more?!?  Well, I do...but I haven't done it yet.  I just signed up for the class in March but I am sooooo excited.  Like Jesse Spano on caffeine pills. 
But seriously, if you are local to the Charlotte, NC or Rock Hill, SC area PLEASE join me.  Because how can this not be fun?!?


 
SIX:
Lastly, I had my first spray tan ever yesterday!  The girl I used was recommended by one of my besties friends.  I wasn't really sure what to expect but I'm doing a budoir photo shoot next month (more on that later) and I wanted to test out to see how I would like the color.  I was also worried that I was going to have an experience like Ross on Friends. Remember, "One Mississippi, Two Mississippi"...

But I know that tanned fat looks much better than white fat.  Can I get an AMEN?!? 
Anyway, the girl from the salon was spectacular and I am already loving my results just after a day!  If you are local, you can check her out here and your first visit is 50% off.  But this girl is going to my new BFF and I'm certain that this is going to my new obsession.  After getting all up close and personal (meaning completely butt ass naked) with my newest gal pal and getting sprayed with the coldest of tanning chemicals, I walked away with a golden bronze tan that looked like I had been at the beach all day.  The below pic is only after an hour!
 


OK girls, this was so much fun to get caught up!  Hope you all have a great weekend and I can't wait to get back into blogging next week.
 


2 comments:

  1. just found your blog via the linkup...cracking up at your post about online dating. girl it's the worst!!! i've seriously given up. good luck with your dates this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Thanks for commenting Kate! And OMG, yes it is the worst thing ever! I actually just finished writing a dating update for Monday and it is sooo good...and I'm sure so related for another single gal. You'll have to come back and read it. I'm sharing a new star rating I'm now doing.

    ReplyDelete